2014 Plans, Not Resolutions

By | 4:20 PM Leave a Comment
So this year I was inspired by a couple of my friends to try some new activities. I'm not really a "resolution" type of person, so I am calling them "plans" or "things" instead.

1 // Take a photo every day
I will try to put a little significance behind each photo, but bare with me throughout the next 365 days. So far I have taken a photo of my husband hungover (January 1st) and my snow-covered car dead as a doornail (January 2nd). At the end of the year I plan to make a photo album on facebook with an explanation of each...Not sure how exciting my life will be, but hey it's worth a try.

2 // Write more
Here I am writing my first post of 2014. I'm looking to do some fun tutorials on various projects and experiments throughout the year, write exciting news, post photos, share articles, etc.

Last year I was planning our wedding, so this year will be dedicated to exposing myself to DIY house stuff, outside house stuff and design stuff...Basically a lot of stuff.

3 // Find creative outlets
At work I am a web design manager, so being creative, managing my team, meeting dealines and working with others is what my 5-day work week consists of. Amazingly, after 8 hours of doing those things, I find myself wanting to continue on with my creative side for the remainder of my nights and weekends. I always encourage my team to find their own creative outlets; whether it be through freelance work, attending craft shows, surfing the web, or doing various side projects for themselves.

Overall, 2013 was amazing...
- I got married (shown the in this post's picture) - A couple of my good friend's had babies - Some of our friends got engaged - We visited the cabin a bunch - My brother and his wife had a baby/got married - Ryan started on a new team at work

I plan to do all of these things AND MORE in 2014!

0 comments:

Post a Comment